INSTANT POT TURKEY BREAST

This is a place for recipes for instant pots
knayil
Rank VI
Rank VI

INSTANT POT TURKEY BREAST

Unread post by knayil »

The turkey comes out juicy and flavorful, the pan drippings are perfect to make the gravy and if the crispy skin is your favourite part, place the turkey breast under the broiler for a few minutes. I also have a recipe for a boneless turkey breast that cooks from frozen to juicy!

HOW TO COOK TURKEY BREAST IN INSTANT POT?
You won’t believe how easy it is to cook a turkey breast in the digital pressure cooker. I still can’t!
  • Add two cups of broth or stock to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert.
  • Add sliced onion, garlic and celery.
  • Set the turkey breast side up in the trivet ( it came with your pressure cooker ) and brush it with herbed and spiced olive oil. It’s a simple mixture of oil, paprika, salt, pepper and poultry herb mix ( thyme, rosemary and sage ).
  • Place lid on the Instant Pot, set valve to sealing position. Press “manual” and set it the timer.
  • When the IP is done, let the pressure release naturally. It will keep the turkey moist.
  • Once the pressure pin is down, carefully open the lid away from your face. Check the temperature of the turkey in it’s thickest part, not touching the bone. It should be at least 165 degrees F.
  • Remove turkey from Instant Pot and broil for a crispy skin, if desired. For a low-fat option, remove the skin and slice the meat.
  • Make gravy with liquid remaining in the Instant Pot.
7 lbs and the 35 minutes was perfect. You should check the turkey with a digital thermometer once done to make sure the temperature is at minimum 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the breast.

If the crispy skin is your favourite part of the Thanksgiving bird, place the cooked turkey breast on a baking pan or dish and set under the broiler for a few minutes. I set my broiler to 440 degrees F and watched the turkey the whole time.