HOW TO COOK TURKEY BREAST IN INSTANT POT?
You won’t believe how easy it is to cook a turkey breast in the digital pressure cooker. I still can’t!
- Add two cups of broth or stock to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert.
- Add sliced onion, garlic and celery.
- Set the turkey breast side up in the trivet ( it came with your pressure cooker ) and brush it with herbed and spiced olive oil. It’s a simple mixture of oil, paprika, salt, pepper and poultry herb mix ( thyme, rosemary and sage ).
- Place lid on the Instant Pot, set valve to sealing position. Press “manual” and set it the timer.
- When the IP is done, let the pressure release naturally. It will keep the turkey moist.
- Once the pressure pin is down, carefully open the lid away from your face. Check the temperature of the turkey in it’s thickest part, not touching the bone. It should be at least 165 degrees F.
- Remove turkey from Instant Pot and broil for a crispy skin, if desired. For a low-fat option, remove the skin and slice the meat.
- Make gravy with liquid remaining in the Instant Pot.
If the crispy skin is your favourite part of the Thanksgiving bird, place the cooked turkey breast on a baking pan or dish and set under the broiler for a few minutes. I set my broiler to 440 degrees F and watched the turkey the whole time.