- To cook your potatoes in the Instant Pot digital pressure cooker, use the wire trivet that came with the IP
- Add one cup of water to the stainless steel insert and arrange potatoes on the trivet
- Close lid and turn the valve to “sealing” position.
- Set timer to 14 minutes for medium potatoes
- Make sure the IP is set to cook on high pressure.
- When the time is up and the Instant Pot beeps, press “cancel/off” button and let it release the pressure naturally for about 4 minutes.
- The switch the valve to “venting” position and do a quick pressure release.
- Use kitchen tongs to remove the potatoes from the pressure cooker and set on a platter.
Done! Your potatoes are ready!
It’s important to poke the potatoes with a fork. It allows the steam from the potatoes to escape during cooking.
No foil is needed to cook the potatoes in your pressure cooker.