Gourmet Dog Biscuits
Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:44 am
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cracked wheat
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brewers' yeast
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup blue berries
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl combine white flour, honey, peanut butter, whole wheat flour, cracked wheat, cornmeal, garlic powder, brewer's yeast and instant milk carrots.
- Stir in 2 cups broth. Mix the ingredients well using either your hands or an electric mixer. The dough should be very stiff. Gradually mix in the remaining 1 cup broth to make a bread-dough consistency.
- Roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thickness on a floured board. I sometimes put whole blur berries in at this point. Cut out biscuits into any shape you please and add blue berries.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared cookie sheet. Brush the tops of the biscuits lightly with milk.
- Bake the cookies 45 minutes; turn oven off completely but do not remove the biscuits. Let the biscuits sit in the oven overnight (for 10 hours). Store biscuits in an air-tight container.
- Obviously do not give these to your pet while they are hot