• Salt and pepper
• 3/4 pound penne or other short tubular pasta
• 1/3 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 small yellow onion, minced
• 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
• 2 carrots, diced medium
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 2 cups diced cooked chicken
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions.
Add green beans and cook 3 minutes, then drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high.
Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Gradually add broth, stirring constantly, then bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Stir pasta into chicken mixture.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest